This week our focus is on Goal Setting, yoga and cooking from scratch.
This week we are going to set some future goals for ourselves that encompass our mind, body and nutrition. By now you should have a good idea of what works for you and it’s important to be realistic moving forward. In an ideal world, you would continue doing all the challenges weekly but by simplifying our goals, we are more likely to stick to them. Try to set 3 goals for your mind, 3 goals for your body and 5 goals for your nutrition that you will stick to each week. I’ll post later in the week about the goals I have set for myself.
This week we are going to get our yoga on. Now that I have complete Placenta Previa I need to be more careful about what exercises I’m doing and yoga is safe during pregnancy. If you haven’t done yoga before then I encourage you to attend a class, I really loved Bikram yoga but it’s not recommended for preggo’s so I’m going to blow the dust off my wii fit and get involved. If you don’t have time to attend a class then find some inspiration on YouTube.
The nutrition challenge this week is to cook from scratch and when I say scratch, I mean completely from scratch. I started predominately cooking from scratch years ago when I was coming out of my ‘raw food phase’ but I’ve been a little lazy lately, adding in packet flavors or using sauces with wraps so I’m looking forward to getting back into that. Sarah Moore has some great recipes over on her blog and even has an amazing vegan mayonaise recipe that I’ve been keen to try.
- Say a positive mantra often.
- Do pelvic floor exercises regularly.
- Drink a minimum of 2L (or more) of water every day.
- Make healthier food choices.
- Practice breathing & mindfulness.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Go to bed earlier.
- Get moving every single day.
- Cut back on caffeine. No caffeine after 12pm.
- Practice gratitude daily.
- Switch from white to wholegrains.
- Meditate for 5 minutes each day.
- Stretch every morning.
- Consciously consume probiotics.
- Laugh it off.
- Switch from unhealthy fats to healthy fats.
- Having ‘me time’.
- Set yourself a physical challenge.
- Healthy snacking.
- Goal setting for when the challenge is over.
- Yoga it up.
- Cook from scratch.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram while completing your wellness challenges this week!
xxx That Gypsy Mum xxx