If you CBF cooking tonight then this Chilli Con Carne recipe is for you, unless you’re vegetarian then it isn’t, Soz. This one pot recipe is quick and adaptable for kids. I always have the ingredients in my pantry so come 4pm if I’ve forgotten to organise dinner I can quickly defrost the mince and cook, even when I CBF Cooking. What are your go to easy dinner ideas?
- 500g Premium Beef Mince
- 1x can red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1x can of tinned tomatoes
- Microwave black or brown rice
- Chilli Con carne spice sachet (or just add salt, pepper, chilli flakes & italian herbs)
- Sour cream
- Corn chips
- Brown the mince in a large non stick pot.
- Chuck the rinsed kidney beans in.
- Add tomatoes and combine.
- Mix in spice sachet then leave to simmer until mince cooked.
- Microwave rice according to instructions or if you really CBF just add straight to the pot.
- Chuck it all in a bowl, smother with sour cream and serve with corn chips.
- Add microwaved broccoli as a side if you’re concerned about scurvy.
- Substitute rice for grated cauliflower or spiral zucchini to increase your veg intake.
- If you CAN CBF cooking then my Chilli Con Queso dip makes an awesome appetizer.
- Add Coriander if you’re feeling fancy AF.
- 7 months: Puree mince with a few kidney beans & sweet potato (cut up small bits of sweet potato and microwave for 3 minutes).
- 8 months plus: Mash mince, kidney beans & sweet potato.
LEFT OVER OPTIONS
Double the ingredients so you can use the leftovers the next day for another dinner:
- Toasted sandwiches