OK so there’s way more than 6 but we don’t have all day so I’ll keep it simple. I would like to thank the sleep deprivation but most of all the baby. It’s because of you that motherhood made me crazy.
- I cried in the hospital car park when my husband wanted to carry our 3 day old son in the console without a cover on, I was convinced he would catch something.
- I was crazy obsessed with routine when my son was first born. I made very small specific time frames for visitors, unfortunately he wasn’t on board with the routine so he was always asleep when they arrived.
- One time my husband touched the outside of a bottle I had just sterilised. I had a meltdown and sterilised it again.
- If breast milk was precious then I was Gollum because I used to pour every last drop into the bottles. Unfortunately one day after a long sleepless night I accidentally poured 120ml straight into the sink. I went mental.
- I’ve lost count of the amount of times I frantically searched the bed thinking my son was under the covers. One time I woke up panicking because he was under the covers, I could feel him breathing! I managed to get him out then realised I was holding a pillow.
- I woke up shaking the lamp upside down. I thought it was the baby.
I’d love to know I’m not alone and hear about the times motherhood has made you crazy!